Websites to assist with teaching:
Speaking and listening
- ESL Gold – online grammar, listening, speaking and more
- Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening – listening quizzes, 20-minute vocabulary lessons, conversations with RealVideo
- Teach English-British Council – Free English teaching material and advice on how to learn English with classroom activities, lesson plans, quizzes and discussions.
- Learn English-British Council – Portal linking websites for teachers and learners of English as a Foreign Language and providing fun language practice through themes and skill based English language activities.
- BBC World Service – Online English learning resources for speakers of English as a second language through news, sport, pictures, video and audio resources.
- Mondos: Song Lessons – music videos with lessons containing cloze activities and questions
Grammar, reading and writing
- Activities for ESL/EFL Students – Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help students learn English as an additional language. Bilingual quizzes.
- EdHelper – great teacher resource
- Bogglesworld – worksheets, flashcards, ESL for adults resources, creative writing, and lesson plans
- BBC Primary-Literacy – Online resources to support learning English for kids: primary English and literacy for children aged 4-11 and their teachers including English activities and games.
Classroom displays, flashcards, printable resources
- Sparklebox – FANTASTIC website with free flashcards, classroom displays, math, science and language arts resources
- mes-english – free printables for teachers
- Read, Write, Think – lessons, interactives, calendar activities and many more classroom resources
- Using English – ESL Teacher handouts, grammar worksheets and printables
- Quizlet Flashcards – A collection of quizlet flashcards that feature a ton of different topics. Quizlet flashcards can be used as regular online flashcards or as a few different games that the ss could use projected in the classroom or at home.
- Photos 8 – High quality stock Photos and Wallpapers
Digital Skills for the 21st Century Teacher
Free Audio Tools – Tools to record, convert, or download audio clips
Mobile Media Converter – allows you to convert YouTube videos to mp3.
Audacity – open software that allows you to record and edit sounds.
Video Content to engage students
Digital Assessment Tools for Creating Quizzes
Yacapaca – lots of already made quizzes and tools for teachers to make their own
This is one of the oldest tools online. It is very known and many educators use it worldwide. That Quiz allows users to write and find quizzes that students can take. You can also share your quizzes with other teachers and check thiers. This is really a great website.